The purpose of the Jackson County Grants Department is to increase, preserve, and improve housing that is affordable and livable, to the extent possible, ensuring long-term affordability and contributing to neighborhood revitalization.
Jackson County achieves it's mission of providing safe, decent, affordable housing for it's citizens by maintaining partnerships with:
- Local, state, and federal agencies.
- Affordable housing developers.
- Non-profit organizations.
- Others who share the common goal of producing affordable housing.
Jackson County is a recipient of funds from Florida Housing Finance Corporation, State Housing Initiative Partnership Program (SHIP) for the purpose of:
- Meeting the housing needs of the very low, low, and moderate income households.
- To expand production of and preserve affordable housing.
- To further the housing element of the local government comprehensive plan specific to affordable housing.
For services we provide, click here.
For more information about the application requirements for the State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) programs, please call our office at (850) 482-9083.