Your family disaster kit should include:
A three (3) to ten (10) day supply of :
- Ready-to-eat meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- One gallon of drinking water per person, per day.
- Canned juices, milk, and soup.
- First aid kit that includes your family's prescription medications.
- Battery-powered radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
- Toiletries (i.e. soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Special needs items for infants, elderly, or disabled family members.
- Bedding (i.e. blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, etc.)
If ordered to evacuate, obey immediately!
Do not re-enter evacuated areas until local officials have issued an all-clear.
Enter with caution, staying on firm ground. Check gas, water, and electrical lines for damage before using