Department of Community Development
The Jackson County Department of Community Development envisions a diverse self-sustaining community where housing opportunities, business enterprises, and employment opportunities exist. The quality of life in our community is assured through wholesome recreation, cultural enrichment, and educational and health services which are available in aesthetically pleasing neighborhoods.
Ours is a community where integrity and resourcefulness are the foundation for all the decision-making affecting the community. We are committed to community safety, economic stability and wealth creation for all individuals and families.
The Department of Community Development strives to:
- Provide accurate information and courteous assistance.
- Promote orderly and efficient growth management.
- Promote economic development.
- Preserve the area's unique natural resources.
- Responsibly administer the Jackson County Code and the Comprehensive Plan of unincorporated Jackson County.
- Promote public health, safety, and well-being.